Taman Bacaan Pelangi is looking for someone with an experience in managing projects and passionate in education to be our next Project Manager!
If you are longing for a job that is meaningful and contributing to the betterment of education in Indonesia, then this job fits you!
We are looking for:
The project manager is responsible for leading the team to run our programs in education, coordinating and managing all aspects of the projects’ implementation according to the established time schedule.
Contract Position for 1 year (with a possible extension depending on the work performance)
Reporting to the TBP Executive Director, the Project Manager will:
• Overall management: Lead various education projects, manage the team, establish and maintain relationships with existing and potential partners & donors.
• Ensure and maintain effective and on-going communication with individuals and groups involved directly or indirectly in all projects;
• Continually monitor and evaluate the progress of each project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of each project;
• Plan, organize and direct all activities as required for the full implementation of projects’ goals and objectives;
• Ensure that projects’ activities are consistent with the objectives and that objectives can be met with available resources;
• Ensure each project meets targets, budgets and timeline
• Monitoring & reporting: work closely with Project Coordinators to monitor the implementation of each project, develop reports to be submitted to TBP Executive Director and donors on a timely manner;
• Develop, complete and finalize all project deliverables according to the timeline;
• Provide regular update and report to the TBP Executive Director on the progress of the project;
• Work closely with the Accounting and Finance Manager to develop financial reports for donors;
• Engage in other project-related tasks.
• Review and oversee the detailed work plans developed by the Project Coordinators;
• Manage and ensure all Project Coordinators are equipped with the skills to conduct the capacity building workshops for teachers and school principals.
• Manage, monitor, and review all project expenditures.
The Project Manager would also be expected to expand the organization’s network and involve in fundraising activities.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in any discipline is eligible to apply. Degree in education is an advantage.
Minimum 4 years of working experience in planning and/or management.
• Experience in project management
• Experience in networking and working with diverse populations
• Applied knowledge of community development and community outreach strategies and tools is an advantage
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Indonesian languages.
• Passionate for education, especially for improving access to education for children in the remote areas of Indonesia
• Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills;
• Fluent in basic computer and internet skills, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, email apps, Internet apps, Facebook, Twitter.
• Is able to work independently and in a group with the agility to liaise with people from different backgrounds (foreign to Indonesians, urban to rural)
• Is driven and is able to work under pressure and with changing situations
• Knows when to take own initiatives, stick or alter the plans, and when to consult with TBP Executive Director or other relevant parties
• Is trustworthy, agile, and fun to work with
* The position is to be based in Ende, Flores.
Please send your CV and introduction letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and mention the position you’re applying in the subject.
Do share with us why you are the perfect fit for the job. Deadline: October 1st, 2020.